Friday, February 22, 2013

Man's Day



There is something exciting about going to work at 3:45 A.M. 

If there is one thing I love to do, its working for my brother.

That is one thing I am very thankful for - the opportunity to work.

I work for my brother's business - SLS. (Facebook)

I love the landscaping industry. Due to the fact that it is pretty physically demanding, I was afraid I couldn't continue working.

Had I been the first child diagnosed, I probably wouldn't be able to work for my brother.

When Hannah was diagnosed three years ago, my parents were extremely cautious in any of her activity. 

In the beginning, Hannah was practically housebound for at least six months. From going out to eat, or going for a walk, our entire family was very uptight. We were always afraid she might pass out at any given moment. 

After Daniel's diagnosis, Dad and Mom began to slowly relax. Once in a while we were allowed to play soccer or go for trips to town. (without Dad or Mom)

Three years later...

 And I'm out plowing snow... three weeks after my diagnosis... at 4:00 in the morning... in town...  with six inches of snow... and my parents asleep at home. 

 Yes, very thankful.

The only down side is that I had to test . . . a lot.

I was testing ever 1/2 - 1 hour. I monitored my blood sugar to see the response to work.

Thankfully all has gone well so far. 

To me testing is just as inconvenient as shots. 

As for my very experienced sister, she filled me in on testing my blood.

In the hospital, Hannah learned that she could loose feeling in her fingers from testing her blood.

For most kids, that would scare them.

 Hannah has grown up with four older brothers. (that has done something to her :)

She thinks to loose feeling in her fingers would be really cool. She shows off to me by poking her callused finger eight or more times in one spot. 

...

Yeah, my fingers are inexperienced. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment! :)