Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"The Only disability in Life is a Bad Attitude"

"Only in darkness, can you see the stars." - Martin Luther King Jr.

When I talk to Hannah about Type One, she surprises me with her responses. I asked her if she could live life without Type One, would she? She told me she would rather have Type One. To have such a disease has given her a perspective of thankfulness that some people never get to experience.

Whenever someone experiences hardship in life, their heart is often softened towards those in need. 

I will never loose the pain of Type One . . .

Having Type One isn't an option; how I live with Type One is. 

I still have a chance to make a difference.

A chance to give hope to others. 

A chance to help others.

A chance to show love to others.

If God gave me Type One so I could have the ability to help one person know they can have true happiness, then it is all worth it.

True happiness is found in God. 

I know God has a plan for my life. In fact, the possibilities are endless.

For now, I can work at encouraging others around me. Even in my deepest hurt, there is always someone else with even more pain.

When we focus on ourselves, we exclude ourselves from opportunities to help others.

Yes, I still hurt inside. Yes, there is pain . . . 

But God never makes mistakes, and that's good enough for me.



"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." -Scott Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment! :)