Tuesday, May 13, 2014

D Blog Week- Day 2: Poetry Tuesday


For today's D Blog week topic, "Write a poem, rhyme, ballad, haiku, or any other form of poetry about diabetes."

After coming up empty on my poetry skills, I decided I would resort to our "Diabetic Archives". :)
 
Before there was a Type One Trio, Daniel wrote a poem describing his view of Type One.
The poem was written roughly a year following his diagnosis. 


"I Got Type 1 Diabetes"

"It all got started, October 7th
Tested my blood, I was 411
I got Type 1 Diabetes. 

Across our house *click click* will ring, 
Seeing what my blood sugar will bring,
I got Type 1 Diabetes.

Every time I pull out a shot, 
I hear people mumble what I've got,
Yeah, I have Type 1 Diabetes.

There's shots ll day, shots all night,
If ya got Type One, you've got a long fight,
I got Type One Diabetes.

Across my life *click click* will ring,
To see what my sugar will bring,
I got Type One Diabetes."


 (This photo was taken a month following his diagnosis)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment! :)