Sunday, July 14, 2013

6 Months


My army of life.

One of the reasons I started this blog was to be a voice for those living with Type One. There are roughly 1,300 shots presently upright before you, six months worth for me. Since the first shot, I have had a needle break skin 4,400 times. 

It has been three days and six months since my diagnosis, which is why I feel this post to be appropriate. I feel this is a bit of a "milestone" for myself. 

When I was diagnosed January 31st, I couldn't really fathom working full time in the heat of July. 

"One day at a time"

As I have built on each day after day, I have found that time goes rather fast! Before I know it, it will be six years that have past. 

I am very thankful for the love and support that both God and my family have provided. 

Through my first six months, I have found the following to be true in my life.

Insulin is the foundation for life.

Family is the foundation for love.

God is the foundation for our family.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, Caleb. It's always great to read your updates. Wow! 6 months already. It's hard to believe. We keep you in our prayers. ;)Hope you'll be able to make it for at least part of the campout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb, It has been a blessing and challenge to me to see your response and trust in the Lord throughout that past six months!!! Keep it up!! No matter what God is always good and He will strengthen and enable each day! I still remember exactly what I was doing when I first learned of your diagnosis...anyways Praying for you and your family! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment! :)