Monday, March 24, 2014

T1D+College+Pneumonia=

Quite honestly I believe the dates of my last post tells much of what I've been up to . . . 

a lot. 

I just got off of college for spring break this past Friday! Frankly, I'm not sure how much more of college I could have survived.

I definitely feel that I am learning!

College is crazy, college with night college is crazier, college with night college with Type One Diabetes is . . . you get the idea! :)

As for recent blood sugars, I feel the below photo does a stellar job of depicting how I feel!

 

 Last week I was put on antibiotics for Pneumonia. Supposedly I was to be a "picture of health" by Wednesday- which didn't happen.

As I write this blog post my blood sugar is 460. Haven't eaten much today and I've given crazy amounts of insulin . . . through rotating insulin injections and boluses, one would think that my numbers would stabilize. I have yet to see a number under 300.

Though you may be worried (as I was), my doctor found out that the steroids I was taking were responsible for the "high trend".

Hopefully these drugs will wear off soon, and I will be able to see a break from these highs.
(See what I did there)

I'll be doing a "deeper" post later on in the week- once I can think and finish schoolwork! 


P.S.- If you're still trying to figure out my "joke", it's okay . . . probably just my blood sugar.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog from a pin on Pinterest. I've enjoyed reading it. My 17 year old son was diagnosed in August 2012, and my husband 4 months later. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassie! I'm so glad you where able to find my blog! I'm sorry to hear about your husband and son, Type One is rough, but I'm sure you guys have mastered it! :) Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment! :)