Monday, October 28, 2013

College Highs

For future reference, college and Type One don't mix . . . 

(B.G. of 478)

As I stated in my last post, numbers have been way to high. Sadly, that fact is still true. I fight the highs with multiple injections, today I've had 8 so far! I'm in for another shot that will include Lantus (long-lasting insulin), and at this rate, I won't be surprised if I set a syringe by my bed tonight ...

For an example, this is what today consisted of ...

8:00 A.M. - 251 Blood Glucose *shot
 (Bad number to start with)

11:52 A.M. - 300 B.G. *shot

2:00 P.M. - 280 B.G.*shot

 Lunch *shot

5:44 P.M. - 350 B.G. *shot

Supper *shot

8:08 P.M. - 345 B.G. *shot

9:56 P.M. - 248 B.G. *shot

Lantus *shot

Trying to balance terrible numbers and a heavy school load can be overwhelming at times, yet I know it won't always be this hard! I just have to step back, take a breath, and trust God for strength each day.

Through all of this there is one thing I get to look forward to - my pump! It's sitting out in the front cabinet, waiting to whip my numbers into shape! I'm truly looking forward to hooking up to it, it has helped Hannah and Daniel, and I'm fairly confident it will help me too! 

November 15 is the start date ... 18 days to go! :)

 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy that you get to start on the pump soon. :) I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Caleb! That pump will be hear b4 u know it ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Caleb. Thanks for posting again, even though you're busy.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment! :)