Tuesday, July 29, 2014

T1Trio Outreach

This past month has provided awesome speaking opportunities for the Type One Trio! Though we couldn't get all three of us together, we were able to participate in separate events!


The first of these entailed Hannah, Daniel, and Dad flying out to Minneapolis, MI. They are part of a study group that gathers information on contrasting views of a T1D patient and their health care provider. Out of 40 people in the group, it was pretty cool to see them chosen for this trip. Although I wasn't able to attend, I was told that the trip was a great success! 

(Not to mention getting to fly, staying in a crazy big hotel, and sight-seeing in Minneapolis was a big bonus!)

(Sorry this is the only one I have)

On July 18th, I was able to attend Camp Endeavor in Madison, WI. It is a diabetic day camp for  newly-diagnosed families. I was part of a six member panel that would answer questions, whether preset or brought up by those attending. It was an absolutely incredible time, and getting to meet newly-diagnosed families was pretty awesome. Though I myself am rather new to T1D, I found that being able to share my humor and our family's story was very helpful for some overwhelmed families. It was truly inspiring to see these new families doing so well! The beginning is definitely the hardest.

As for the lack of posts this summer, I apologize! It's been hard to even get to my laptop with the hectic craziness of work and activity! I have found that college is more conducive to blogging than summer! ;) I will try to post more here in the upcoming weeks!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, it's so great to see you all out and about and helping others.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment! :)